Need to access your schedule, sign-up for new volunteer opportunities or update your contact information? Log-in to VicNet!
Who Can Volunteer?
Assignments are available for individuals ages 12 and up.
Please note that the Library is not currently accepting court-ordered volunteers.
For group volunteer assignments contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Volunteer Opportunities Are Available?
The Library offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities year round. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities Directory to see what types of assignments are available today!
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
Please reiew the message above regarding volunteer opportunities during the renovation before submitting your application.
It is easy; all you need to do is complete the following steps:
- Complete an online volunteer application. Please note you will need to have an active Placentia Library Card to complete the application. Applications must be completed before attending the volunteer orientation. Please note that you must have a personal email as PYLUSD emails do not accept emails from outside organizations.
Click here if you are between 12 and 17 years old
Click here if you are 18 years old and over
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation.
The next Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Sunday, March 15, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Placentia Library District. Please arrive on time as late arrivals will not be admitted.
The next Volunteer Orientations will be held on the following days:
- Sunday, March 15, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Placentia Library District
- Tuesday, April 14, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Placentia Library District
- Returning Volunteers
If it has been over a year since you last volunteered, or you feel like you need a refresher, please attend a Volunteer Orientation before volunteering again.
I Need a Site for My Internship or Work Study?
The Placentia Library is an approved site for students wishing to fulfill their community service, internship or work study requirements. All positions require a volunteer application, and volunteer orientation. Please note that internships and work study programs will also require a resume, interview and, if accepted, fingerprinting before assignments can begin.
Our local partners include:
- Cal State Fullerton
- Fullerton College
- University of Phoenix
- Western State University College of Law
- Local High School and Junior High Schools
- Troy Tech
- Val Tech
Don’t see your program listed? Contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or email@example.com to see if the Library qualifies for your program's internship or federal work study program.