Passport agents reserve the right to stop accepting applications prior to those times.
We cannot guarantee processing of passports at any given time.
Pens will NOT be provided to fill out applications.
Update July 2, 2020: Passport Services is CLOSED effective July 3, as the library rolls back to Phase 1 (Curbside and Home Delivery only). More info.
U.S. Department of State Re-Opening Plan: Click here
Page updated 7/2/2020
Applying for a Passport?
Bring the following:
Adults ages 18 and over
- Form DS-11: Application for A U.S. Passport (Please print legibly using Black Ink Only). The application needs to be filled out completely, including the applicant's Social Security Number.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following; Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, previous U.S. Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship along with a photo copy).
- Proof of Identity (You must present your primary identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back side with your passport application).
- Recent Color Photograph (Photograph must meet passport requirements- full front view of the face and 2x2 inches in size, on a white background).
- Fees (check or money order is per person)
Minors ages 16-17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves; however, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness. Note: all steps above have to be followed, parent's check must be used for payment to the U.S. Department of State.
Minors under age 16 (Child, and both parents, or the child’s legal guardian (s) must appear and present the following).
- Evidence of the child’s U.S. Citizenship (One of the following; Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, previous U.S. Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship) along with a photocopy . Please note: Birth Certificates that read Abstract of Birth are not accepted when applying for a US Passport.
- Parental/ guardian Identification (Must present original identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back with child’s application).
- Include numbers 1, 4, and 5 from above.
Payment - PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE FEE AND THE FEE TO PLACENTIA LIBRARY DISTRICT TOGETHER!
- One payment to U.S. Department of State must be made by check or money order. NO CASH (one check per person)
One payment to Placentia Library District can be made by check, money order or
- Routine: Unknown, expect significant delays due to COVID-19
- Expedited: Suspended
- Life-or-death emergency in next 72 hours only, must make an appointment with the Los Angeles Passport Agency at 1-877-487-2778 (24 hour appointment scheduling system.) Proof of travel is required. Use the U.S, Department of State's new Online Appointment System to schedule an appointment for your emergency passport!
RENEW BY MAIL AND SAVE! (qualifying applicants only)
Expedited service for renewal by mail is Suspended.
For more information, or to download passport forms please visit travel.state.gov