Please note that the library is undergoing a renovation and will have limited volunteer opportunities from September 2018 through September 2019. Please be sure to carefully review the current volunteer opportunities available in our directory to ensure there is something that meets your needs before submitting an application. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email from the volunteer coordinator, Michelle Meades, detailing your next steps and to make a reservation for the next Volunteer Orientation. We will resume our regular volunteer opportunities in the summer of 2019.
If our volunteer opportunities do not fit your needs or you are looking to complete a short number of volunteer hours we suggest you contact these organizations:
- Beach cleanup: https://www.coastkeeper.org/get-involved/cleanup-oc/
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County: https://www.feedoc.org/get-involved/volunteer/
- Opportunities throughout Orange County: http://www.ocpl.org/teens/get_involved
- You can also search Volunteer Match for other opportunities: https://www.volunteermatch.org/
Need to access your schedule, sign-up for new volunteer opportunities or update your contact information? Log-in to VicNet!
Who Can Volunteer?
Assignments are available for individuals ages 12 and up.
Please note that the Library is not currently accepting court-ordered volunteers.
For group volunteer assignments contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Volunteer Opportunities Are Available?
The Library offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities year round. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities Directory to see what types of assignments are available today!
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
Please reiew the message above regarding volunteer opportunities during the renovation before submitting your application.
It is easy; all you need to do is complete the following steps:
- Complete an online volunteer application. Please note you will need to have an active Placentia or Anaheim Library Card to complete the application. Applications must be completed before attending the volunteer orientation. Please note that you must have a personal email as PYLUSD emails do not accept emails from outside organizations.
Click here if you are between 12 and 17 years old
Click here if you are 18 years old and over
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation.
The next Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Thursday, April 25, from 6:00 - 7:45 p.m. at the library History Room. Please arrive on time as late arrivals will not be admitted.
The next Volunteer Orientations will be held on the following days:
- April 25, 6:00 - 7:45 p.m. in the Placentia Library History Room
- May 28, 6:00 - 7:45 p.m. in the Placentia Library History Room
- Returning Volunteers
If it has been over a year since you last volunteered, or you feel like you need a refresher, please attend a Volunteer Orientation before volunteering again.
I Need a Site for My Internship or Work Study?
The Placentia Library is an approved site for students wishing to fulfill their community service, internship or work study requirements. All positions require a volunteer application, and volunteer orientation. Please note that internships and work study programs will also require a resume, interview and, if accepted, fingerprinting before assignments can begin.
Our local partners include
- Cal State Fullerton
- Fullerton College
- University of Phoenix
- Western State University College of Law
- Local High School and Junior High Schools
- Troy Tech
- Val Tech
Don’t see your program listed? Contact Michelle Meades at (714) 528-1906, ext. 224 or email@example.com to see if the Library qualifies for your program's internship or federal work study program.