Check out our Teen Zone for Young Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction books, Graphic Novels, Manga, and Video Games
Interested in gaining volunteer experience at the Library? Join!
Placentia Teen Advisory Club (P-TAC) is a volunteer club for teens 8th-12th grade. The purpose of P-TAC is providing teens a voice in the library as well as in their community. They assist in creating and support for children’s, teen and adult events at the library. Their experiences will provide opportunities for building their organizational and leadership skills.
Meetings are held the first and third Thursday of every month from 6:00-7:30 p.m. with some mandatory events hosted by the club. Prerequisites for application to P-TAC are completion of a Volunteer Orientation Meeting and an interview with the Teen Services librarian. Space is limited.
- Homework help links:
- Sources for book recommendations:
- Hotlines and Websites for Teens:
- The Trevor Project: 866-4-U-TREVOR - The Trevor Project operates the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. The Trevor Helpline is available as a resource to parents, family members and friends of young people as well. Visit www.TheTrevorProject.org for more information and resources for young people.
- Love Is Respect: www.loveisrespect.org 1-866-331-9474 Provides information and resources on healthy teen relationships.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC): 1-877-739-3895 www.nsvrc.org This organization provides information, support, and help for teen victims of sexual violence.
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Both toll-free, 24-hour, confidential hotlines which connect you to a trained counselor at the nearest suicide crisis center.
- LGBTQ Center Orange County: The LGBTQ Center OC’s mission is to advocate on behalf of the Orange County Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Queer/Questioning communities and provide services that ensure its well-being and positive identity. (714) 953-LGBTQ (5428) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Harm Prevention: Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- Quit smoking or vaping: 877-44U-QUIT (877-448-7848) The National Cancer Institute’s trained counselors provide information and support for quitting in English and Spanish. Call Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.