February 2021 Update: We are open inside the building Tuesday - Saturday. You may apply for a regular card in-person, or a virtual card below.
Applying For A Placentia Library Card
Placentia Library District will issue a library card to California residents with a valid driver’s license, or U.S. government issued photo identification and an accompanying proof of a current California address issued to the applicant within the last six (6) months.
- Consular ID’s, Out of State ID, or U.S. Passports may be used for identification along with current proof of address such as utility bills.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by one parent. The accompanying parent must present and ID and current proof of address.
For your convenience library card applications are available online:
For ADULT applications Click Here.
For CHILD’S application Click Here.
The Placentia Library Virtual Card is an electronic card that gives you access to most of the online resources that our library has to offer. The virtual card is not valid for hard print items, or physical media options.
If you wish to apply for the Placentia Library Virtual Card please Click Here or fill out the form below.
If you wish to apply for a regular Placentia Library card instead, you will need to apply in person at the Information Desk. The following needs to be presented in order to be issued a library card:
- Valid California Driver’s License/ ID that states your current address
- If your Driver’s License/ID do not state your current address we will need a bill statement that shows your name and current address.
- Parent/guardian must be present as well as minor.
- Parent/guardian must provide a valid California Driver’s License/ID with current address
- If Driver’s License/ID does not state the current address we will need a bill statement that shows the name of the parent/guardian and the current address.