California offers — at no cost to public schools, districts, local libraries or students — access to online educational content from Britannica, ProQuest, TeachingBooks and Gale for use by every public K-12 school and student in the state.
Britannica School / Britannica Escolar
There’s nothing like a good old fashioned Encyclopedia to answer your questions. It is now searchable in an easy to use website and available in four versions: Elementary School, Middle School, High School and Spanish. No more volumes to page through and no more guessing with Google - start here with trusted sources and accurate, up to date information.
National Geographic Kids
Engage young students and broaden their horizons with reputable, authoritative, age-appropriate digital content that brings them the world in a way they’ve never seen before with National Geographic Kids.
Gale in Context: Environmental Studies
Experience environmental education with Gale in Context: Environmental Studies. Get 24/7 access to nearly 400 pages across science, social studies, and the humanities.
Gale Interactive: Science
Gale Interactive: Science provides engaging, interactive models that bring science to life. While supporting high school curricula and university coursework, this resource helps students better visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth, and space science. Students and instructors can manipulate and explore 3D models that are paired with reference and periodical content for further understanding.
Books come to life with this engaging collection of resources about children's and young adult books. Certain features, such as creating a lesson plan, require an educator login to save to an account; please enter your email to access these features.
Book Connections strives to joyfully enrich everyone's experience reading children's and young adult books. Certain features, such as creating a lesson plan, require an educator login to save to an account; please enter your email to access these features.
ProQuest offers a variety of research and academic resource databases.
- ProQuest eLibrary: A massive multidisciplinary database designed for students and educators at high schools, community colleges and universities.
- ProQuest SIRS Discoverer: A reference database that supports the teaching and learning of basic research skills.
- ProQuest SIRS SIRS Issues Researcher: A pro/con database for middle and high school students, undergradutes, instructors and librarians.
- ProQuest CultureGrams: A reference for reliable and up-to-date cultural information on the countries of the world.
- ProQuest Research Companion: A tutorial product providing video instruction on the important concepts in information literacy including how to write a research paper.
- ProQuest eBook Central (also known as Schools & Educators Complete): (in library use / remote use) Ebook Central provides authoritative, full-text e-books in a wide range of subject areas along with powerful tools to find, use, and manage the information.
- Publicly Available Content Database: Designed to complement other databases and collections, this database brings together or links to full text for publicly available scholarly content from a number of different sources from around the world.
- ProQuest Coronavirus Research: Including coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak, this database curates openly available content related to coronaviruses.
- PBS Video Collection: A streaming video collection providing an exceptional range of content with the most valuable video documentaries and series from PBS.
Statewide pilot led by State Library provides live, 24/7 online tutoring and homework help in every K-12 subject.