- Submissions for Challenge #3 must be received by 8pm on June 29th to be considered for Challenge #3 Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize winner for Challenge #3 will win a $50 Michaels gift card, announced May 8th.
- Participants with complete submissions for all three challenges in the Hangar Maker Tournament by 8pm on June 29th will receive a $20 Michaels gift card.
- Late submissions for Challenge #1 and Challenge #2 will still count towards tournament participation award! For Paper Mache Challenge submission guidelines, click here. For Cardboard Challenge submission guidelines, click here.
CHALLENGE #3: STOP MOTION
STEP 1: GET INSPIRED!
- Children, Teens, and Adults are invited to participate.
- Watch the video tutorial on the Hangar’s youtube playlist to learn the basics of book art with paper mache
- Check out the links in the video’s description for more helpful instructions and project ideas
STEP 2: On your mark…get set… Make!
- Create a stop motion video at least five seconds long
- All entries must be original
- Stop motion can take a lot of time to make, so you’ll have two weeks to complete this challenge
- Your video can be about anything and use any materials – as long as they only move in stop motion!
- Bonus Points for stop motion videos that promote the library or our summer reading program!
STEP 3: Entry Submission
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- Subject: STOP MOTION
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Video file or link to your original video uploaded to social media
- Longer video files may be too large to attach to an email!
- You can upload your video project to facebook, instagram, or youtube and send the link instead
- Make sure the privacy settings for your video are set to “public” or “everyone”
- Bonus points (not required): Social Media platform used and handle
- If you don’t already, follow the Placentia Library on Facebook (@PlacentiaLibrary) and/or Instagram (@Placentialib).
- Post a photo or video of your finished piece. Posts must tag Placentia Library AND use both hashtags: #MadeAtPLD and #HangarMakerTournamentPart3
- 1 Entry per person or team.