- Submissions for Challenge #2 must be received by 8pm on May 25th to be considered for Challenge #2 Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize winner for Challenge #2 will win a $50 Michaels gift card, announced May 29th.
- Participants with complete submissions for all three challenges in the Hangar Maker Tournament by 8pm on June 29th will automatically receive a $20 Michaels gift card.
- Late submissions for Challenge #1 will still count towards tournament participation award! For Paper Mache Challenge submission guidelines, click here.
CHALLENGE #2: CARDBOARD
STEP 1: GET INSPIRED!
- Children, Teens, and Adults are invited to participate.
- Watch the video tutorial on the Hangar’s youtube playlist to learn the basics of making 3D structures out of cardboard
- Check out the links in the video’s description for more helpful instructions and project ideas
STEP 2: On your mark…get set… Make!
- Create a cardboard structure that can hold at least 1 pound of weight
- You can use any type of tape or glue to assemble, but the majority of the structure MUST be made of cardboard
- All entries must be original
- Bonus Points for structures that are especially beautiful or resemble famous landmarks
STEP 3: Entry Submission
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- Subject: CARDBOARD
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Photo or Video of your original art piece
- Bonus points (not required): Social Media platform used and handle
- If you don’t already, follow the Placentia Library on Facebook (@PlacentiaLibrary) and/or Instagram (@Placentialib).
- Post a photo or video of your finished piece. Posts must tag Placentia Library AND use both hashtags: #MadeAtPLD and #HangarMakerTournamentPart2
- 1 Entry per person or team.