- Submissions for Challenge #1 must be received by 8pm on May 4th to be considered for Challenge #1 Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize winner for Challenge #1 will win a $50 Michaels gift card, announced May 8th.
- Participants with complete submissions for all three challenges in the Hangar Maker Tournament by 8pm on June 29th will receive a $20 Michaels gift card.
- Late submissions for Challenge #1 will still count towards tournament participation award.
CHALLENGE #1: PAPER MACHE BOOK ART
STEP 1: GET INSPIRED!
- Children, Teens, and Adults are invited to participate.
- Watch the video tutorial on the Hangar’s youtube playlist to learn the basics of book art with paper mache
- Check out the links in the video’s description for more helpful instructions and project ideas
STEP 2: On your mark…get set… Make!
- Create your most impressive art piece using recycled books
- Your piece can be functional or decorative, but it MUST be made of books
- All entries must be original
- Bonus Points for art pieces that demonstrate “The Magic of Reading”
STEP 3: Entry Submission
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- Subject: BOOK ART
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Photo or Video of your original art piece
- Bonus points (not required): Social Media platform used and handle
- If you don’t already, follow the Placentia Library on Facebook (@PlacentiaLibrary) and/or Instagram (@Placentialib).
- Post a photo or video of your finished piece. Posts must tag Placentia Library AND use both hashtags: #MadeAtPLD and #HangarMakerTournamentPart1
- 1 Entry per person or team.