Need community services hours?! The Teen Review Crew provides an opportunity for teens ages 14-18 to earn community service hours by submitting qualifying book reviews. Reviews will be posted on the library’s website and social media.
Click here for info.
The Placentia Teen Advisory Council is open to all high school students interested in gaining community service experience, volunteer hours, and leadership skills, through planning and supporting library events. For more information contact Victor Meza at (714) 528-1906 ext. 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for time and date info
It’s All Hallows Eve in the All American City and you and your friends have stumbled onto an old barrel key that leads to a citywide adventure. Follow the clues, solve the riddles and uncover the mystery of the key before the clock strikes 12. The link to the digital escape room will posted on the library’s website and social media October 19 to October 31.
Click here for more info.
Create a tiny terrarium to decorate your workspace or room. Relish in the opportunity to take a break from the stresses of the day to dig around in the dirt and create something. Pick up your kit from the library starting on Saturday, November 7 and join the Zoom meeting where you can share tips and tricks with your peers. Ages 14-18 only, one kit per library card and while supplies last.
Click here for more info.
Check out our Teen Zone for Young Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction books, Graphic Novels, Manga, and Video Games
- Homework help links:
- Sources for book recommendations:
- Hotlines and Websites for Teens:
- The Trevor Project: 866-4-U-TREVOR - The Trevor Project operates the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. The Trevor Helpline is available as a resource to parents, family members and friends of young people as well. Visit www.TheTrevorProject.org for more information and resources for young people.
- Love Is Respect: www.loveisrespect.org 1-866-331-9474 Provides information and resources on healthy teen relationships.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC): 1-877-739-3895 www.nsvrc.org This organization provides information, support, and help for teen victims of sexual violence.
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Both toll-free, 24-hour, confidential hotlines which connect you to a trained counselor at the nearest suicide crisis center.
- LGBTQ Center Orange County: The LGBTQ Center OC’s mission is to advocate on behalf of the Orange County Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Queer/Questioning communities and provide services that ensure its well-being and positive identity. (714) 953-LGBTQ (5428) or email@example.com
- Self-Harm Prevention: Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- Quit smoking or vaping: 877-44U-QUIT (877-448-7848) The National Cancer Institute’s trained counselors provide information and support for quitting in English and Spanish. Call Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.