September 4, 2020
Dear Placentia Library District Patrons,
We are committed to being transparent with our patrons. As a result, we wanted to inform you one of our employee has tested positive for the covid-19 virus. We were notified of the situation last night at approximately 9:30pm. I had an opportunity to speak with the employee and am happy to report s/he is doing well and in excellent health. S/he does not exhibit any symptoms.
Out of an abundance of caution and for the safety of our staff and patrons, we have decided to quarantine our team, effective today through September 18th. In addition to the quarantine requirement, staff will be tested as well.
Please be aware of the following changes during the quarantine period:
- Curbside and home delivery will NOT be available.
- Virtual programming will continue.
- Virtual library cards will be available.
- Digital collection will be available.
- Bookdrops will not be available.
- Please keep your library items until we reopen on September 21st. The new due date for all items currently checked out is October 5th. You will NOT incur fees during this period.
We will continue to do our best to keep everyone safe. We know you care about our staff and we will keep you posted. Please visit our website at placentialibrary.org and follow us on social media for the most current information. We apologized for any inconvenience. Thank you so very much for your patience and understanding.