Dear Placentia Library District Patrons,
Our strength is defined by our struggles. You have shared your difficulties with us and allowed us to be part of your lives through the delivery of a myriad of library services. Despite the hardships, we congratulate you on continuing to promote a positive and healthy environment for your children and family. We absolutely love seeing your children dancing to Miss Deanna’s singing, giggling to Miss Venessa’s shakey eggs and her chicken hat, making your personal lava lamp with Miss Ana, and creating your own spa night kit with Shellie, our makerspace genius!
We so appreciate the smiles and “thanks” as you drive through to pick up the free lunches and enrichment kits – despite the unpleasant heat! The ‘Lunch at the Library’ program was another successful collaboration with our community partner, the Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District! Our team will continue to research and access funds to support the needs of you and your families during this difficult time.
We hear your struggles, feel your stress, and recognize your need to have human interactions. Rest assured, we are here for you! On August 27th our Library Board approved the implementation of Phase 2 – Limited In-Person Services to begin September 14, 2020! We will adhere to state and local orders and keep you informed of changes. Please visit our website and follow us on social media for the latest information. During Phase 2, the following will occur:
- Library Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm
- Face masks and social distancing are required.
- Visits are limited to one hour.
- Maximum capacity is 30.
- Access to computers is available. For the safety of our staff and patrons and adherence to social distancing, computer assistance will not be available. This is a self-help access.
- Literacy Services is available.
- Passport Services Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10am-4pm and contingent upon staff availability. To ensure staff is available for passport services, we encourage you to call us at (714) 528-1906 x209 before you come to the library.
- Exam Proctoring available. Please call for an appointment.
- Group study rooms are available. Please call to make a reservation.
- Amazon lockers are available.
- Virtual programs continue.
- The Hangar remains closed.
- Crossroads Corner remains closed.
- Bodhi Tea Leaf and Coffee remains closed.
- Meeting Room remains closed (quarantine area for returned items).
- Donations will not be accepted at this time.
- Bookstore is open with honor box.
Joseph Campbell, an American professor, said “Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” Truly the one certain thing about the pandemic is its uncertainties. I hope our resilience, compassion, and strength for ourselves and others will get us through this difficult time. You can be certain the Placentia Library District will be here, together, with you!
Our September-December 2020 newsletter will be available online only. Please visit our website at www.placentialibrary.org for the latest issue.