Dear Placentia Library District Patrons:
Thank you again for your patience as we work through the rapid developments of the coronavirus epidemic. At this time, we are aware of 25 California library systems that have closed or are offering modified services. Orange County libraries that are closed include Buena Park, Newport Beach, Santa Ana, City of Orange, County of Orange, Mission Viejo, and Anaheim.
The Placentia Library District will continue to offer the following modified services: passport services, as well as online and phone item requests. Please be patient with our staff as they retrieve your items.
We continue to assess the situation daily, and are in constant communication with our Library Board of Trustees. This morning the Board convened an emergency meeting to address the evolving COVID-19 situation. The Board decided on the following actions:
- Continue to offer limited services, seven days a week until further notice.
- Post current information on the website.
- Attend the City’s daily Emergency Operation Center meetings.
- Establish an Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Pay employees if there is a city, state or federally mandated lockdown.
We encourage you to follow the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) guidelines by practicing these preventative actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- If you are sick: stay home. Wear a facemask around other people, separate yourself from other people and animals in your home, call ahead before visiting your doctor, cover your coughs and sneezes, avoid sharing personal household items, clean your hands often, clean all “high-touch” surfaces every day, and monitor your symptoms.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The above steps will reduce your chances of being in contact with the coronavirus. For more information, please visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 or www.who/int.
Please stay strong and safe.