Dear Placentia Library District Patron:
With an average of 500 visitors daily at the Placentia Library District, we recognize the concerns and worries by news of the coronavirus outbreak affecting many worldwide and right here in Placentia.
At the Placentia Library District, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for you and your family. Effective immediately, we have implemented the following measurements.
1. Returned materials will be wiped before they are re-shelved. Please be patient with us during this process.
2. Toys in the Crossroads Corner will be sanitized.
3. Bean bags will not be used during storytime.
4. Screens will be sanitized.
5. Cleaning and sanitizing of all hard surfaces including Bodhi Coffee kiosk will be elevated.
6. Restrooms will be cleaned daily and sanitized twice a day.
7. Sanitizers will be available at the Information Desk, the Crossroads Corner, the Hangar, the Teen Area, the Adult Area, the Passport Offices, and the Friends Bookstore.
8. Library of Things (LOTs) items will no longer be available for checkout.
9. Community Meeting Room will no longer be available for rental.
10. Gloves will be available to staff.
Programs will continue as planned including storytime, literacy, and the Microchip event and Bodhi Grand Opening on March 14th. Passport services will be available and we will remain open seven days a week. In light of Governor Newsom’s announcement yesterday on the banning of gatherings of 250 or more, the Eggcitement event is cancelled.
As information providers, we want to help our patrons stay informed and prevent the spread of misinformation in our community. We encourage you visit the World Health Organization (WHO) at www.who.int and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at cdc.gov for current information and FAQs about COVID-19. Please visit our website at www.placentialibrary.org for up-to-date information about our programs and services.