Dear Placentia Library District Patrons,
I hope this message finds you and your family well and feeling a sense of a new normalcy as students returned to school in-person on Monday. Our passport services has been tremendously busy, with people waiting in line outside as early as 4 a.m., an indication of the high travel summer season and a realization that things are looking up.
Things are also looking bright here at your Placentia Library District. With the Board’s approval at the April 19th Board meeting, our entire team will return on April 23rd with building capacity at 50%. Additionally, it was approved for the Library to reopen fully, 7 days a week, on July 12, 2021. To prepare for the full reopening on July 12th, we will be closed July 1-11, 2021.
Below is a summary of actions taken by our Library Board.
- Adoption of the 2021-2023 Fiscal Year Budget.
- Adoption of the 2021-2023 Fiscal Year Holiday and Library Closure Schedule.
- Adoption of the 2021-2023 Fiscal Year Fee Schedule.
- Adoption of the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Fiscal Year Appropriations Limitation
- No purchase of UV light - continue with current quarantine process as per the approved COVID Reopening Plan. Zero case of covid-19 related to library materials and library visits at Placentia Library District.
- No purchase for new streaming services for public meetings – continue with current zoom platform.
- No purchase of collection management assessment – continue with the one year
free Gale Analytics program as offered by the California State Library.
- Phase 2 & 3 Reopening Plans – All staff to return on April 23rd, discontinue rotating team schedules and increase building capacity to 50% for Phase 2. In adherence with CDC, state and local health regulations, the Library will be fully reopened on July 12, 2021 – Monday-Thursday, 9am-8pm, Friday & Saturday, 9am-5pm, and Sunday, 1pm-5pm. Library will be closed July 1-11, 2021 to prepare for the July 12th reopening. Crossroads Corner, bookstore, and Bodhi will also be open during Phase 3. Book donations will be accepted. We will follow all current safety guidelines, including face mask requirement.
Our next board meeting is May 17, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. at the City Community Room.
Please note the following program-related changes during the July 1-11, 2021 closure:
- Wacky Wednesday
- Kit pickup dates: June 30th (2 kits), July 14th & 21st
- Facebook Live programs: July 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
- Patriotic Cookie Family Cooking Time
- Kit pickup date: June 24-26. Preorder for kits will be on June 1st.
- Program video: June 26th
I close this message with a heartfelt thank you for the kind words and condolences during the passing of my Father. He would have been humbled by the support and love.