*ALL APPLICANTS REGARDLESS OF AGE MUST BE PRESENT*
Due to a high volume of passports, we suggest arriving before 6 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 2 p.m. Friday - Sunday.
Passport agents reserve the right to stop accepting applications prior to those times.
Applying for a Passport?
Bring the following:
Adults ages 18 and over
- Form DS-11: Application for A U.S. Passport (Please print legibly using Black Ink Only).
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following; Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship along with a photo copy).
- Proof of Identity (You must present your original identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back side with your passport application).
- Recent Color Photograph (Photograph must meet passport requirements- full front view of the face and 2x2 inches in size, on a white background).
- Fees (Current fees are displayed on our fees chart).
Minors ages 16-17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves; however, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness. Note: all steps above have to be followed, parent's check must be used for payment to the U.S. Department of State.
Minors under age 16 (Child, and both parents, or the child’s legal guardian (s) must appear and present the following).
- Evidence of the child’s U.S. Citizenship (One of the following; Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship) along with a photocopy . Please note: Birth Certificates that read Abstract of Birth are not accepted when applying for a US Passport.
- Parental/ guardian Identification (Must present original identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back with child’s application).
- Include numbers 1, 4, and 5 from above.
- One payment to U.S. Department of State must be made by check or money order.
- One payment to Placentia Library District can be made by check, money order or credit card.
- Routine 4-6 weeks
- Expedited 2-3 weeks
- Emergency passports- Travelers departing within 2 weeks must make an appointment with the Los Angeles Passport Agency at 1-877-487-2778 (24 hour appointment scheduling system.) Proof of travel within 2 weeks is required.
If your most recent passport book and/or passport card was issued less than 15 years ago and you were over 16 years old at the time of issuance, you may be eligible to use form DS-82. To determine your eligibility, please visit travel.state.gov. Those applicants not eligible to use form DS-82 must apply in person using the DS-11 form.
All Minors and those adults wishing to renew their passport in person must follow the steps as if applying for the first time. Note: expired passports will be requested and submitted with the application. Minor applicants will still need to provide their birth certificate and both parents will need to accompany the applicant.
For more information, or to download passport forms please visit travel.state.gov